The aim of the Needle and Threat category is to encourage children’s interest and involve the creative, made-by-hand process.
We would like to create an interest in the next generation about what it means to be creative and design an item by hand.
Age Group 5 to 8 years
- Handcrafted felt creation (e.g finger puppet, toy, bag).
- Wool creation (e.g pom poms, finger knitting, french knitting).
Age Group 9 to 12 years
- Handcrafted felt creation (e.g broach, bookmark, bag).
- Crochet or Knit an item you can wear (e.g scarf or beanie).
Prize Money (per category)
Conditions of Entry:
- One entry per category per person.
- Must be original work by the entrant.
- Combinations of one or both sewing techniques can be used, ie hand and/or machine sewn.